BAL Rapid-Mat is an innovative fast-track uncoupling system to accommodate lateral movement for tile installations on floors with limited movement. Reducing adhesive consumption relative to other systems and with minimal mat compression, BAL Rapid-Mat is lightweight and easy to install, with minimal height build-up with only 1mm thickness. BAL Rapid-Mat is suitable for internal flooring, renovation and new construction, domestic and commercial areas in medium/heavy duty applications. It is particularly recommended for heated floors and timber floors.
Reduce project costs with BAL Rapid-Mat, which lays down a new benchmark in uncoupling systems. This innovative product requires 20% less adhesive than cavity uncoupling systems. This saving amounts to 1.5kg less adhesive per square metre, a major saving of 45kg per 30m roll. BAL Rapid-Mat saves more time on-site by being simpler and faster to lay than other mats. Its super-slim lightweight profile makes it easy to roll out and mesaure, and it each piece can simply be butt-jointed to the next, without the need for additional tapes.
- Fast-track system: tiling can be carried out immediately.
- Reduced adhesive consumption relative to cavity based mats. - Minimal mat compression with providing increased loading capacity on floors following installation compared to uncoupling mats with cavities.
- Lightweight matting: only 8.5kg per roll.
- Easy to install i.e. cut and place.
- Minimises height build-up with only 1mm thickness.
- Can be stored for approx. 24 months in dry rooms, away from direct sunlight.
- Installation of ceramic and porcelain tiles, slabs, natural stone and concrete pavers.
- Counteracts and therefore minimises tension stresses between the substrate and the floor to be installed.
- Prevents reflective cracking caused by shrinkage cracks, board joints and lateral movement.
- Provides crack bridging and allows for a safe installation onto challenging substrates.
- Suitable for internal flooring; renovation and new construction, domestic and commercial areas in medium/heavy duty applications.
- Suitable for bathroom and kitchen areas
Recommended for heated floors and timber floors.
Restrictions: NOT suitable for
- Exterior environments.
- Permanently wet environments.
- Substrates with deflection (vertical movements). Use on parquet flooring.
- Bridging movement joints.
Looking for a product manual?
Composition Two layers of non-woven polypropylene with an inner layer of glass filament Colour Red Pack sizes 5m, 10m, 30m rolls Sheet Width 1m Sheet Thickness 0.85mm Sheet Weight approx. 270g/m2 Roll Weight approx. 8.5kg
Coronavirus Delivery Update
We are working closely with our delivery providers and can confirm all deliveries are unaffected by recent events. Whether you place your order on our website or over the phone with our sales team, you will continue to receive the same high standards of delivery you have come to expect from The Underfloor Heating Store.
Call us today on 01268 567016 to place your order.
Delivery options Our delivery costs vary according to order size and location. For more information see our Delivery page
As standard we include FREE 2 - 3 working day delivery to all UK mainland addresses (excluding, Channel Islands & Eire) on all heating products.
All orders placed after 3pm on a Friday and at the weekend will be processed on Monday and placed on next working day delivery
Trusted delivery partners
Feefo Reviews - Average 100% (2 reviews)
Date Score Customer Comment Our Response 29-Feb-2016 Product:
Excellent 16-Jul-2014 Product:
As Above Read more reviews on Feefo
This product has no reviews yet.