BAL Rapid-Mat is an innovative fast-track uncoupling system to accommodate lateral movement for tile installations on floors with limited movement. Reducing adhesive consumption relative to other systems and with minimal mat compression, BAL Rapid-Mat is lightweight and easy to install, with minimal height build-up with only 1mm thickness. BAL Rapid-Mat is suitable for internal flooring, renovation and new construction, domestic and commercial areas in medium/heavy duty applications. It is particularly recommended for heated floors and timber floors.
Reduce project costs with BAL Rapid-Mat, which lays down a new benchmark in uncoupling systems. This innovative product requires 20% less adhesive than cavity uncoupling systems. This saving amounts to 1.5kg less adhesive per square metre, a major saving of 45kg per 30m roll. BAL Rapid-Mat saves more time on-site by being simpler and faster to lay than other mats. Its super-slim lightweight profile makes it easy to roll out and mesaure, and it each piece can simply be butt-jointed to the next, without the need for additional tapes.
- Fast-track system: tiling can be carried out immediately.
- Reduced adhesive consumption relative to cavity based mats. - Minimal mat compression with providing increased loading capacity on floors following installation compared to uncoupling mats with cavities.
- Lightweight matting: only 8.5kg per roll.
- Easy to install i.e. cut and place.
- Minimises height build-up with only 1mm thickness.
- Can be stored for approx. 24 months in dry rooms, away from direct sunlight.
- Installation of ceramic and porcelain tiles, slabs, natural stone and concrete pavers.
- Counteracts and therefore minimises tension stresses between the substrate and the floor to be installed.
- Prevents reflective cracking caused by shrinkage cracks, board joints and lateral movement.
- Provides crack bridging and allows for a safe installation onto challenging substrates.
- Suitable for internal flooring; renovation and new construction, domestic and commercial areas in medium/heavy duty applications.
- Suitable for bathroom and kitchen areas
Recommended for heated floors and timber floors.
Restrictions: NOT suitable for
- Exterior environments.
- Permanently wet environments.
- Substrates with deflection (vertical movements). Use on parquet flooring.
- Bridging movement joints.
Looking for a product manual?
Composition Two layers of non-woven polypropylene with an inner layer of glass filament Colour Red Pack sizes 5m, 10m, 30m rolls Sheet Width 1m Sheet Thickness 0.85mm Sheet Weight approx. 270g/m2 Roll Weight approx. 8.5kg
Delivery options Our delivery costs vary according to order size and location. For more information see our Delivery page
Trusted delivery partners
Feefo Reviews - Average 100% (2 reviews)
Date Score Customer Comment Our Response 29-Feb-2016 Product:
Excellent 16-Jul-2014 Product:
As Above Read more reviews on Feefo
This product has no reviews yet.