Get a quote & design within 24hrs
Was £9.49From Was £9.49Was £9.49Now £6.59From £6.59Now £6.59| /In stock
Ultraprime is an acrylic surface conditioner, it is suitable for a variety of building substrates, including plaster, timber, brick and block work ...View full detailsWas £9.49From Was £9.49Was £9.49Now £6.59From £6.59Now £6.59| /Save £2.90 Save £0 Up to 30% Off
Was £11.99From Was £11.99Was £11.99Now £8.39From £8.39Now £8.39| /In stock
Ultraprime is an acrylic surface conditioner, it is suitable for a variety of building substrates, including plaster, timber, brick and block work ...View full detailsWas £11.99From Was £11.99Was £11.99Now £8.39From £8.39Now £8.39| /Save £3.60 Save £0 Up to 30% Off
FromWasNow £13.99From £13.99Now £13.99| /In stock
UltraTile ProPrimer is a moisture tolerant, water based acrylic primer, sealer and bonding aid suitable for porous and non-porous substrates. Can ...View full detailsFromWasNow £13.99From £13.99Now £13.99| /Save £0 Save £0
FromWasNow £58.00From £58.00Now £58.00| /Low stock
Prime IT Multi-surface primer (MSP) is a moisture tolerant, water based acrylic primer, sealer and bonding aid, suitable for porous and non porous ...View full detailsFromWasNow £58.00From £58.00Now £58.00| /Save £0 Save £0
FromWasNow £16.00From £16.00Now £16.00| /In stock
A multi-use synthetic polymer primer and admixture, BAL Bond SBR can be used as a bonding agent for adding to mortars used in screeding, plaster, r...View full detailsFromWasNow £16.00From £16.00Now £16.00| /Save £0 Save £0
FromWasNow £25.00From £25.00Now £25.00| /In stock
BAL Prime APD is a rapid-drying acrylic primer suitable for priming wall and floor backgrounds prior to the fixing of ceramics, mosaics and natural...View full detailsFromWasNow £25.00From £25.00Now £25.00| /Save £0 Save £0
Top Brands, Trade PricesJoin now
Get access to the best brands & products at amazing prices
Elevate your underfloor heating project with our selection of high-quality floor primers. As your trusted destination for heating solutions, The Underfloor Heating Store offers a comprehensive range of floor primers designed to optimize adhesion and ensure a strong bond between your flooring and subfloor. Whether you're a homeowner, contractor, or DIY enthusiast, our collection caters to diverse needs, providing exceptional quality, improved adhesion, and lasting performance.
Who Benefits: Our floor primers cater to a wide audience, including homeowners, contractors, and DIY enthusiasts, all seeking enhanced adhesion and durability in their flooring projects.
What We Offer: Discover our premium floor primers, expertly formulated to create an ideal surface for flooring installations, ensuring a secure and long-lasting bond.
When to Use: Whether you're preparing for an underfloor heating installation or upgrading your flooring, our primers offer a versatile solution that enhances the adhesion of various types of flooring materials.
Where to Apply: Our primers are suitable for different spaces, including residential and commercial areas. They can be applied on various substrates, such as concrete and screed.
Why Choose Our Floor Primers
- Enhanced Adhesion: Our primers create a strong bond between the flooring and subfloor, ensuring durability and minimizing the risk of delamination.
- Improved Stability: Experience improved stability of your flooring, preventing issues such as cracking, lifting, or shifting over time.
- Efficient Application: With user-friendly properties, our primers are easy to apply, ensuring a hassle-free and efficient installation process.
- Compatibility with Heating Systems: Designed to complement underfloor heating setups, our primers create a secure foundation that works seamlessly with your heating installation.
Elevate your flooring projects with confidence – explore our range of floor primers today and achieve enhanced adhesion and lasting results that perfectly align with your underfloor heating system.
What does a floor primer do?
Do I need primer on floor?
The need for a primer on the floor depends on various factors, including the type of flooring material you are installing and the condition of the substrate. While it's not always mandatory to use a primer, there are situations where using a primer is highly recommended to achieve optimal results. Here are a few scenarios where using a floor primer is typically advisable:
- Porous Substrates: If your floor substrate, such as concrete or wood, is porous and has a high absorption rate, using a primer is beneficial. Primers help seal the pores, create a more uniform surface, and prevent excessive absorption of moisture from subsequent flooring materials. This improves the adhesion and overall performance of the flooring system.
- Smooth Substrates: In some cases, particularly with smooth or non-porous substrates like existing tiles or certain types of coatings, using a primer can enhance the bonding between the substrate and the new flooring material. The primer creates a more receptive surface, allowing for better adhesion and reducing the risk of delamination.
- Moisture Control: If moisture is a concern in your project, using a moisture-blocking primer is recommended. Moisture-resistant primers act as a barrier, preventing moisture vapor transmission from the substrate to the flooring material. This is particularly important when installing moisture-sensitive flooring materials like hardwood, as excess moisture can cause damage.
- Substrate Preparation: Applying a primer can improve the overall substrate condition, especially if it's weak, damaged, or has dusting issues. Primers can stabilize and strengthen the substrate, reduce dusting, and create a more suitable surface for subsequent flooring materials.
We're proud to be an award-winning online retailerExplore reviews →