Get a quote & design within 24hrs
Electric Water Boilers
FromWasFrom £809.99From £809.99Now £809.99| /In stock
The Slim Jim boiler is an unbeatable electric-only boiler designed purely for use with conventional open-vented hot water cylinders. However, it ca...View full detailsFromWasFrom £809.99From £809.99Now £809.99| /Save up to £0 Save £0
FromWasFrom £1,949.99From £1,949.99Now £1,949.99| /In stock
We now offer an all-in-one package to help making the move to an all electric heating and hot water system much easier and cost effective. The pack...View full detailsFromWasFrom £1,949.99From £1,949.99Now £1,949.99| /Save up to £0 Save £0
FromWasFrom £2,599.99From £2,599.99Now £2,599.99| /In stock
We now offer an all-in-one package to help making the move to an all electric heating and hot watersystem much easier and cost effective. The packa...View full detailsFromWasFrom £2,599.99From £2,599.99Now £2,599.99| /Save up to £0 Save £0
FromWasFrom £739.99From £739.99Now £739.99| /In stock
Direct Cylinder - Heated by an electric immersion heater only. Not suitable for connection to a Boiler. Unvented Cylinder - Pressurised unit, fed d...View full detailsFromWasFrom £739.99From £739.99Now £739.99| /Save up to £0 Save £0
FromWasFrom £939.99From £939.99Now £939.99| /In stock
Direct Cylinder - Heated by an electric immersion heater only. Not suitable for connection to a Boiler. Unvented Cylinder - Pressurised unit, fed d...View full detailsFromWasFrom £939.99From £939.99Now £939.99| /
FromWasFrom £1,219.99From £1,219.99Now £1,219.99| /In stock
Indirect Cylinder - Heated via an external heat source such as a boiler. Also includes an electric immersion heater. Unvented Cylinder - Pressurise...View full detailsFromWasFrom £1,219.99From £1,219.99Now £1,219.99| /Save up to £0 Save £0
FromWasFrom £959.99From £959.99Now £959.99| /In stock
Indirect Cylinder - Heated via an external heat source such as a boiler. Also includes an electric immersion heater. Unvented Cylinder - Pressurise...View full detailsFromWasFrom £959.99From £959.99Now £959.99| /Save up to £0 Save £0
Top Brands, Trade PricesJoin now
Get access to the best brands & products at amazing prices
Electric Boiler for Hot Water
An Electric Boiler for Hot Water is a compact and self-contained heating system that uses electricity to heat water for domestic use. It is an alternative to traditional gas or oil boilers and is particularly suitable for properties where gas or oil connections are not available or as a backup option for heating hot water.
Key Features of Electric Boilers for Hot Water:
- Compact and Space-Saving: Electric boilers are designed to be compact and space-efficient, making them suitable for properties with limited space. They can be easily installed in small utility rooms, under stairs, or other convenient locations.
- Easy Installation: Electric boilers are relatively easy to install as they do not require a flue or complex pipework like traditional gas or oil boilers. This simplifies the installation process and reduces associated costs.
- Energy Efficient: Electric boilers offer excellent energy efficiency as they convert all the electrical energy into heat without any wastage. They also have no standby heat loss, ensuring that energy is used efficiently, resulting in cost savings and reduced environmental impact.
- Silent Operation: Electric boilers operate quietly, providing a peaceful and comfortable environment without any noise or disruption. This is particularly beneficial for properties where noise levels need to be minimized.
- High Reliability: Electric boilers are known for their reliability and durability. They have fewer moving parts compared to traditional boilers, reducing the chances of mechanical failures. Additionally, they do not rely on combustion processes, which can further enhance their reliability.
- Flexible Installation Options: Electric boilers can be installed as standalone units or as part of a larger heating system. They can be used in conjunction with underfloor heating systems, radiators, or as a dedicated hot water supply source.
- Precise Temperature Control: Electric boilers offer precise temperature control, allowing you to adjust and maintain the desired hot water temperature. This ensures optimal comfort and convenience for your household.
Are electric boilers expensive to run?
Electric boilers can be more expensive to run than traditional gas boilers as gas is usually cheaper than electricity. However, you will find that electric boilers are much more efficient than gas boilers so although you’re spending more, less energy is going to waste.
Can an electric boiler replace a gas boiler?
Yes. It’s not at all difficult to replace your gas boiler with a new electric boiler. It’s a simple case of swapping out the boiler unit as the plumbing of heating and hot water is the same or can be easily adapted to the new electric boiler.
How many radiators can an electric boiler run?
Just like gas boilers, electric boiler sizes are based on the energy output (in kilowatts) rather than the physical size. The higher the kilowatt (kW) rating, the more taps and radiators it can supply. You can use your radiators to work out what size boiler you will need. As a basic rule, you’ll need 1.5 kW for every radiator in your home. So, for example, if you have six radiators, you should look at getting a 9 kW electric boiler. But this will depend on how good your home’s insulation is and how high your ceilings are. A boiler that is too small won’t heat your home efficiently while one that is too big will waste energy and be more expensive to run.
We're proud to be an award-winning online retailerExplore reviews →